If a trip to the UAE is on the cards for you, you must know all about ‘Ok to Board’ or OTB. This is especially applicable if your visa is being sponsored or issued in the UAE. Read on as our UNIGLOBE experts cover all you need to know about OTB - from the what, the why to the how, in this article.
1. What is Ok to Board?
Ok to Board or OTB is a verification procedure undertaken by your airline to check the authenticity of your UAE visa details and other relevant travel documents, such as visa, passport, and return ticket. This is applicable for passengers traveling from certain countries in the Asian subcontinent flying to Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi.
2. Why have airlines made it mandatory for you to get you PNR stamped with OTB message?
OTB has been made mandatory by airlines to prevent people from travelling to the UAE on forged visas with due verification of documents to confirm their legitimacy.
3. How do your get your airline PNR updated with OTB status?
Leave it to your UNIGLOBE expert to take care of the procedure and see you through hassle-free boarding of your flight to the UAE.
4. When do you need to apply for OTB?
Most airlines require you to update your OTB status at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure, although the duration various from one airline to another. However, it is best to get in the touch with your UNIGLOBE expert with the requisition at the earliest and avoid last minute hassles.
5. What happens if OTB status is not reflected in your PNR?
In such a scenario the airline may reject or cancel your travel or allow you to board after the paying all applicable cancellation charges.
For any further OTB related queries or requisition, call your UNIGLOBE expert now!
- Watch Out – Only Smooth Drives Ahead
- How premium economy became the new hot seat
- Hotel asks for credit card copy. Should you be worried?
- Into the Future of Business Travel
- Beyond the Year of the Weekender
- When carrier loses bag, insurance picks up slack
- To RFP or not?
- Catch the Top 5 trends that will rule Business Travel in 2017
- Managing an Efficient Travel Program with limited resources in 2017
- 2017 - Travel only gets smarter from here!